Sunday, March 2, 2008

Experimentation...


...with fruits and vegetables. We've all thought of it at some point. But some of us just can't stop, and I am one of those people. I love fruits and vegetables. Over the years I've had the chance to get up close and personal with many a tasty specimen; my farm days allowed me to roam free in fields of broccoli, jalapeño peppers, peaches and apples, while every place I've lived the past 8 years has been within a few miles of a farmer's market. Therefore, I find it appropriate that I start to pay a visual homage to my crunchy-leafy-juicy-savory-sweet friends. Especially with spring right around the corner (well, sort of, for those of you familiar with the cold, cruel beast that is New England weather).

-m

3 comments:

kelmurphy said...

That banana needs some pants! Teasing... I love them and all their succulent colors.

maris wicks said...

Thanks! Joe thinks the nubbin on the end of the banana looks a little too nubbin-y (if you catch my drift). Although, I guess all he fruits and veggies I've drawn so far are a bit...cylindrical. Tee-hee.

Jammer said...

You should sell your veggie-themed superhero dolls (and maybe some T-shirts!) at the Union Square Farmer's Market!