Thursday, April 26, 2007

And a "from the vault" it is...


Back in 2005 (which really wasn't that long ago), I did a series of illustrations for the MIT Viewbook (their catalog of sorts that goes out to prospective students). I had a blast drawing and coloring these (there's 3 others; I'll post them later); it was one of my first digital coloring endeavors. I've been meaning to post a Photoshop coloring tutorial for some time, because my good friend Bill (who I would link, but his site's down) learned me all there is to know about coloring lines. Soon I will post this tutorial...soon.

p.s. The themes will be back shortly; I'm heading down to the Boston area to paint my new abode...pictures will follow (I'll be back Saturday night).

2 comments:

chrishaley said...

Glad to hear you haven't forgotten about posting that coloring process lesson.

maris wicks said...

yeah, every time I think about doing it, I work it out in my head and then conclude that it'll take a long time to do. Then I fear it. But don't worry, it'll happen.