Thursday, April 16, 2009

STUMPTOWN 2009

Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's a glorious 1:05 AM and Joe and I are leaving for Portland, OR in...OMG LIKE 3 HOURS!!!! That's right; we're hopping a 6:05 AM flight out of Boston. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty exited about a 4 AM cab ride. Woopee. Sorry about the lack of posts and comment responses; I'm hoping to get back on that wagon once we return to the East Coast next Tuesday. Joe, Liz and I will be sharing a table at Stumptown Comics Fest this Saturday and Sunday, so if you're in the Portland area, stop by and say hi! Here's a glimpse of all my wares:


Ah, Portland. I can hardly wait to eat a donut covered in bacon. And wear shorts!!! AHHHG SHORTS I LOVE YOU SO! GET READY TO BE BLINDED BY THE SUPREME WHITENESS OF MY WINTER LEGS (my legs have not seen the light of day in 7 MONTHS people!).

OK. Time for me to stay up and wait for the cab.

p.s. I might actually try and blog from Portland...we're toting the computer this time around!

4 comments:

Jim said...

Is it possible to purchase any of those maris wares over these fancy energy boxes?

Dan said...

OMG you're going to Stumptown too??!!!!

ARGH I only had enough money for one con this year and me & my friends picked Emerald City!
Argh my face is getting skrunched up with anger >:(

It would have been a blast to run into you by surprise (because if I WAS going I wouldn't have read this post)

Best of luck there, maybe next year.
dragon-dan.livejournal.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Maris! I don't know if you remember me, but this is Ben Zwalsky from way way back at CRACP. (early 2000's) I still wear the squirrel shirt you made for Parade to this day. In fact! I was wearing it the other day (I can't believe it still fits) and I thought: "Hey this squirrel cartoon Maris drew is wicked sweet! I remember her cartoons being wicked sweet! I wanna see what her stuff is like NOW!" Aaron Dana forwarded me to your blog,(good lord his artwork is insane) and uh, here I am? Your artwork/comics/doodles are still really adorable and charming as ever. I'm actually at MassArt right now aspiring to go into the illustration/animation field. Hope all's well!

maris wicks said...

jim - I haven't put any comics up for sale yet, but I'm planning on updating my Etsy site (which already has the t-shirts and stuffed superheroes). I'll post about it soon.

Dan - definitely hit up Stumptown sometime in the future; it's a great con!

ben - Hi! I do remember you from camp; sorry it took so long for me to reply. That's awesome you're at MassArt! Yay illustration/animation!