Monday, March 23, 2009

Superheroes on the brain.

So I really missed the boat on getting this in on time, but I finally got around to doing my Batman redesign (the latest contest that was held over at Project:Rooftop). I had ideas of giving him a big scary mask (something inspired by this), but I ended up going very simple...big surprise. Here it is:

As long as we're on the topic of superheroes, here's my Aquaman:

This started as a sketch I did at New York Con. I scanned it and colored it. I'll eventually do a more detailed Aquaman drawing with lots and lots of my favorite underwater creatures.

And yes, both Batman and Aquaman are doing yoga-esque poses; I'm not really sure why. I'm pretty sure that most superheroes do yoga though (especially Batman).


Greg said...

I'd buy an Aquaman comic book if you were drawing it. AquaMaris even better!

Christina E. Rodriguez said...

Ooh, I love them both!

Adam Koford said...

Lovely work!

maris said...

Greg - OMG IT'S LIKE MY DREEEEAAAAM to draw an Aquaman comic. I feel that he is unfairly represented in the comics world. C'mon everybody, HE CAN TALK TO OCEAN CREATURES!!!

Christina - Thanks!

Adam - Also thanks! and 3,2,1...
(wait for it...)
::fangirl blush::

f.m. said...

this would look great on a wall!